Donate to D.C. Breastfeeding Coalition:
P.O. Box 29214
Washington, DC 20017
The information presented here is not intended to diagnose health problems, breastfeeding problems, or to take the place of professional medical care. If you have persistent breastfeeding problems, or if you have further questions, please consult your health care provider. The DC Breastfeeding Coalition does not share partnership with, or have any vested interest in, any of the businesses that may appear on this site, or sites that may be assessable by links herein contained.
The DC Breastfeeding Coalition was established to increase the breastfeeding rates of all infants living in the District of Columbia. Working in partnership with maternal and child health professionals, community health organizations, and mother-to-mother support groups, the DC Breastfeeding Coalition seeks to promote, protect and support culturally-sensitive programs and activities that build awareness and understanding of the preventive health benefits of breastfeeding. Through its breastfeeding research, advocacy and educational activities, the Coalition seeks to reduce health disparities -- particularly among the most vulnerable infants and children living in our communities.
- To increase the number of mothers who breastfeed in the early postpartum period, and promote continued breastfeeding for at least 1 year or beyond
- To promote achieving the Healthy People 2020 breastfeeding goals
- To increase the number of physicians and other primary health care providers in Washington, D.C. who include breastfeeding counseling and referral as part of routine care
- To provide accurate and consistent breastfeeding information to families, health professionals, and the community
- To encourage breastfeeding-friendly policies and procedures in all area hospitals and birthing centers
Hot Off The PressNews: The DC Breastfeeding Coalition's Lactation Certification Preparation Course, the aim is to increase underrepresented minority lactation consultants, supported by Reaching Our Sister's Everywhere (ROSE) and Linda Smith, Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre Ltd.
Nominate: Breastfeeding-Friendly awards are actively seeking nominations for workplaces and healthcare providers deserving the recognition
News: DCBFC News Room